Replacing your home's roof is a big decision and a major construction project. If you're considering having your roof replaced, here are some things to consider:
What are the benefits of replacing a roof?
- Replacing your roof is one of the easiest and most effective ways to add value to your home. A new roof can help you sell your house faster and for more money than if you had an old, worn-out roof.
- Replacing a leaky or damaged roof with an energy-efficient one can save you money on both heating/cooling costs and insurance premiums over time.
- A new roof can also prevent costly repairs down the line, like having shingles blow off in high winds or flooding caused by leaks around chimneys or skylights.
How long will it take to replace my roof?
It depends on the size of your roof and the complexity of the job and what roofing materials is installed. A small, one-story asphalt shingle roof can be replaced in 1 day, but a large multi-story home that requires tile roof installation, might take several weeks to complete.
The length of time required to complete your roofing project will depend on many factors including:
- The size of your roof and whether it's flat or pitched (steeply angled)
- The type of material used for installation (asphalt shingles like those pictured above are typically quicker than concrete tiles or standing seam metal roof)
How much does it cost to replace a roof in Florida?
The cost to replace a roof in Florida can vary widely, depending on the size of your roof and the type of roofing material you choose. In general, the average cost for a new asphalt shingle roof is between $5,000 and $50,000. This means that if your house has an average-sized roof (3/12 pitch), it'll likely fall somewhere between $45 per square foot up to $180 per square foot if you're replacing all four sides with metal or tile!
The exact amount will also depend on other factors like:
- How steeply pitched your current roof is
- Whether or not there are dormers on any side(s)
- If there are valleys (the indentations between two sloped sections)
Replacing your home's roof can provide many benefits.
Replacing your home's roof can provide many benefits. First, it will make your home more valuable. If you plan on selling or refinancing in the near future, then a new roof is an investment that could increase the value of your property by thousands of dollars. Second, replacing an old shingled or flat roof with a new metal one can help improve energy efficiency and lower utility bills over time. Thirdly (and perhaps most importantly), having a good quality roof installed will ensure that your family stays safe during bad weather conditions like hurricanes and tornadoes!
Replacing your home's roof can provide many benefits. It will protect your family from the elements and help keep your home safe for years to come. Replacing your roof may also increase its value, which is an added bonus! If you are in the market for a roof replacement and searching for a roofer near me, give us a call or schedule a complimentary 16-point roofing inspection at www.honestaberoofing.com/orlando-fl. You can also call us at 407-887-7663.