Stone-Coated Steel Shingles
Sleek and Durable Metal Roofing Products
If you want the appearance of premium asphalt with the performance of metal, our stone-coated shingles are the best option for you. The stone-coated steel shingles by Honest Abe Roofing are sleek and make for an aesthetically pleasing roof. In addition to looking pristine, our stone-coated shingles are incredibly durable. They are capable of resisting even the most severe weather conditions. By coating our superior-strength 24-26 gauge steel with a thick layer of stone, our shingles gain both strength and curb appeal.
How can you tell our stone-coated steel shingles are the best?
- Long lasting beauty – Your Honest Abe stone-coated steel shingle roof will look like new for as long as you own your home, guaranteed.
- Class 4 hail impact rating – Your roof will be able to withstand hail up to the size of a baseball, thanks to the highest hail impact rating possible.
- Class A fire rating – You can rest easy knowing your home is protected by a roof with the best fire rating available.
- 130 MPH wind rating – Wind does not stand a chance against our highly durable shingles. You will never again be picking up shingles off the ground after a windy day.
- Algae resistant – Our shingles are made with compounds that prevent the growth of algae.
What's the Difference Between Your Enviro-Steel & Stone Coated Shingles?
As the name suggests, stone-coated shingles are designed from metal covered with a layer of stone. Our enviro-steel shingles do not have an added layer of stone.
Do Stone Coated Steel Roofs Last Longer than Other Metal Roofs?
Generally, the lifespan for stone-coated steel roofs is estimated at 40 to 70 years, which is the same span as other metal roofs. However, with the added layer of stone, a well-designed and carefully installed stone coated metal roof has a better chance of reaching the upper range of 70 years than an exposed metal roof.
Stone Coated Metal Roofing Problems
The main hesitation people tend to have with stone coated metal roofs is the upfront cost. This product is on the premium end and brings with it more advantages than most roofing types. But it does require a larger initial investment. Some people also have concerns about the stone coating wearing down over time from UV exposure or weather damage. This can happen if incorrect adhesive is used or if it is not properly applied. The good news is that even if the adhesive on the stones wears down after 10-20 years, a roofer can reapply it relatively easily anywhere damage has occurred. Overall, stone coated steel shingles are much simpler to maintain compared with asphalt shingles.
Top-Notch Roofing Repair
At Honest Abe Roofing, we work hard to bring a customer service focus into the roofing industry. Protecting our customers’ homes is incredibly important to us. We want to make roof replacement and maintenance as stress-free as possible. We use an Executive Collection of products and an Executive Installation Process that are second-to-none. These ensure that every roof is durable and safe. Our Field Managers will come to your home and complete a 16-point inspection. This also includes a free design consultation. Our goal is to prove to you that you have the most reliable team on your side.