<< Back to Blog
Posted on May 01, 2022
What’s Included in a Seasonal Roof Inspection?
How to Keep Your Roof in Good Condition
Keeping the roof over your head in good condition is an important part of home ownership. Your roof protects your home and family from the elements. It works to keep you dry and safe throughout every season. With all the wear and tear your roof goes through, it might not come as a surprise that it needs regular inspections and maintenance in order to be kept in great shape.
Scheduling roofing inspections should be a seasonal habit for homeowners looking to prolong the life of their roof. Read on to learn more about Honest Abe Roofing’s 16-point roof inspection and why your home needs one.
WHY ARE ROOF INSPECTIONS IMPORTANT?
They Identify Damage & Protect Your Home
Just like your car, a roof needs regular maintenance in order to continue performing at its best for years to come. One of the most important reasons to schedule a roofing inspection is to identify damaged areas before they become bigger, more expensive, problems.
Your roof is responsible for keeping water, wind, extreme temperatures, and other external elements outside where they belong. If your roof’s ability to do so is compromised, your home could become uncomfortable and suffer severe damage.
Some common roof problems include:
- General weathering and aging
- Loose or missing shingles and flashing
- Blistering, curling, or cracked shingles
- Clogged gutters
During your inspection, a roofing technician will be able to spot these issues and advise you on how to go about making repairs. Ultimately, your inspection and the repairs that follow will protect your home from further damage.
They Prolong Your Roof’s Life
The average shingle roof should last between 20-25 years with proper care and maintenance. A new roof is an expensive investment, so why wouldn’t you want to keep it around for as long as possible? Regular roofing inspections will play a large role in helping your roof do its job for a long time.
Honest Abe Roofing’s 16-Point Inspection
When you schedule an inspection with Honest Abe Roofing, you can rest assured knowing that your roof is in the hands of industry experts who excel in providing affordable and reliable roofing services. Our 16-point roof inspections allow us to thoroughly inspect every component of your roof, leaving no shingle unturned!
Our inspection checklist includes:
- Examining the condition of the roof from the ground
- Determining the appropriate materials for your roof by examining the pitch
- Counting the number of roofing layers that will need to be removed
- Looking for nail pops
- Inspecting and counting all skylights
- Checking for waviness in the roof
- Observing and noting any weak areas in the decking
- Checking gutters for granular deterioration
- Noting any moss or algae growth
- Examining the ventilation system
- Checking flashing around chimneys or walls
- Inspecting the condition of any pipe boots
- Checking for buckled, blistered, or curled shingles
- Inspecting the attic for any damage to the bottom of the decking or rafters
- Checking for mold on the decking
- Checking for moisture in the attic
Each item on this list is important and ensures that we are fully aware of the state of your roof in order to determine the proper solutions for any damages.
Honest Abe Roofing is also proud to say that we always honor the quotes we give to our customers. If you bring us back to do repairs and we run into more damage than noted in the initial inspection, we will fix it at no additional cost to you.
ROOFING SERVICES YOU CAN RELY ON
At Honest Abe Roofing, we want our customers to know that in our hands, they will be well taken care of. Schedule your inspection with us online today or give us a call at (844) 298-4100.